1. Who collects your personal data?
The Greek company MRC is responsible for the processing of personal data that you provide to us and is responsible for the security of your data under the law on personal data protection.
2. Why do we use your personal data?
We use your personal data:
- to manage your online market, ie to process your orders and returns through our online services and to send you notifications about the delivery status or in case of any problems during the delivery of your items.
- to process your payments.
- to manage complaints about our products.
- to offer you different alternative payments.
- to identify you and verify that you are over 16 years old.
- to enhance your shopping experience and our services.
- to send promotional emails about new products, special offers, our news or other information that we think you may find useful, using the email addresses you have given us.
3. What personal data do we collect?
- Contact details such as first name, last name, address, email address, telephone number, postal code.
- Account information such as first name, last name, address, email address, phone number, zip code, date of birth, gender, city, country and username.
- Payment information and history
- Order information
- Shopping history
- Delivery history
- Activity recording information
- IP address
4. What is the legal basis for the processing of your data?
We process your personal data because it is necessary for:
- the execution of the contract of sale of goods
- our compliance with our legal obligations
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests
In general, we rely on your consent as the legal basis only for processing related to direct marketing emails. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Where your consent is the only legal basis for processing, we will stop processing your data after it is withdrawn.
5. How long do we keep your data?
We do not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply to different types of data, however the maximum length of time we hold your personal data is 10 years.
6. Who has access to your personal data?
In order to provide you with certain services, we need to share your personal data with some of our partners. These include delivery, payment and marketing service providers. We will never transfer, sell, rent or exchange our customer data to other organizations for marketing purposes. We may share your data with government agencies, regulators, law enforcement agencies, courts, banks and insurers, in cases where we have to do so:
- to comply with our legal obligations.
- to exercise our legal rights.
- to prevent, detect, investigate crimes or prosecute offenders.
- to protect our employees and customers.
7. Do we transmit your data outside the European Union?
In order to provide you with our products and services, it is sometimes necessary for us to transmit your data outside the European Union. This usually happens when the partner service providers are outside the European Union or if you are outside the Union. These transmissions are subject to special rules under data protection laws. If this happens, we ensure that the transmission complies with data protection law and that all your personal data will be secure. It is our common practice to use “standard data protection clauses” approved by the European Commission for such transfers.
8. How do we protect your data?
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure that your personal data is always protected and secure. Our security measures include data encryption, regular cyber security assessments by all service providers that can handle your personal data, security checks that protect our entire technology infrastructure from external attack and unauthorized access, and internal policies that define the how to ensure the protection of your data and the training of our employees.
9. What are your rights?
- Right of access: you have the right to request information about the personal data we process at any time. You can contact us and we are happy to share your personal information via email.
- Right of correction: You have the right to request correction of your personal data if it is incorrect.
- Right of deletion (“right to be forgotten”): You have the right to request the deletion of personal data processed by our company at any time, unless an order is pending which has not yet been sent or you owe us something.
- Right to restrict processing: You have the right to ask us to restrict processing when there is a specific reason for this (eg if you have objections to our legitimate interest or if your personal information is incorrect or if you think processing is illegal or if we no longer need them).
- Right to portability: Whenever our company processes your personal data, you have the right to obtain a copy of it in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, as well as to request that it be transferred elsewhere. This includes only the personal data you provided to us.
- Right to object to processing based on a legitimate interest: You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interest. We will not continue to process your personal data unless we can prove legitimate reasons for processing that override your interests and rights or our legitimate claims exist.
- Right to object to direct marketing: You have the right to object to direct marketing, including profiling for direct commercial purposes. You have the option to opt out of direct marketing.
10. How can you exercise your rights?
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using our contact details or go to your personal account where you can change your data or delete it. If you believe that our company is processing your personal data incorrectly, please contact us.
If you have any questions about how we use your personal data that were not answered here or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. What are cookies ?
2. What kind of cookies do we use and for what purpose?
3. What personal data do cookies record ?
- Cookie ID
- The IP address
- The browsing history
- Purchasing behavior
- If you have an account, we may also link your cookie ID to the personal information you provided to us when you created your account.
4. How long do we store your personal data?
We do not retain your data longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. The data recorded by the first – party cookies are kept for only 30 days. In addition, the data from the third-party cookies are kept for 26 months.
5. Who has access to your personal data?
The data transmitted to third parties (such as Google Analytics) is used only for the provision of the above services and for the collection of statistics through analysis tools to optimize our website and to present you with relevant promotional material.
7. How can you disable cookies?
You can easily disable cookies using your browser. If you want to manage and delete cookies, see “Help” and “Support” in your browser for instructions. You can choose to disable cookies or receive a notification whenever a new cookie is sent to your computer. Please note that by deleting cookies or disabling future cookies you may not have access to specific areas or features of our website.